Thursday 26 July 2012

Florence No More Available For Benicassim 2012

Due to Florence Welch "vocal injury", Florence + Machine has been ruled out of Benicassim 2012 Festival in Spain and the Optimus Alive fest in Portugal as frontman has been advised by the doctor not to sing for a week.

In a post on the band's official website today (11.07.12), the flame-haired singer wrote: "Hello everyone, thank you so much for all your messages of support, yes its true ... it finally happened, I've lost my voice :(


"I've sustained a vocal injury and been told I cannot sing for a week.. seriously I felt something snap, it was very frightening. Unfortunately this means I will not be able to perform at Benicassim and Optimus Alive festival this weekend...I am so so sorry. I'm so sorry to all the fans, I was desperate to still perform, but was told without question not to, so as not to do permanent damage..x (sic)"

The post continued: "I hope i can make it up to you in the future, have an amazing time...yours croakily florence...x (sic)"

No comments:

Post a Comment